TW Perry Millwork Craftsman II
The Millwork Craftsman II is in a mid-level and semi-skilled millwork position to aid in the production of doors, windows, trim, stairs, and cabinets. Upholds the organizations core values while maintaining safety and high efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pulls trim orders, consisting of the following: stools, moldings, hardware, locks, doors, exterior jambs, etc.
- Sizes lumber according to specifications for making miscellaneous millwork items, such as mantels, doors, handrails, wooden window frames, cabinets and stair components.
- Mills materials for stock such as bead boards, dental moldings, fill outs, open stairs such as double return treads, single return treads, bullnoses, etc.
- Trim, putty, sand, cover, and labeling of milled components.
- Cutting components including stringers, wall offsets and pocket cuts, and 45-degree flares.
- Checks the quality of material pulled from stock and manufactured material and assures correct type, amount, dimension, and length, etc.
- Assures quality of materials used to produce high quality finished products.
- Checks finished product at time of shipping to verify invoice.
- Assists walk-in customers and drivers with materials needed.
- Keeps machines and work area clean.
- Changes dull saw blades, sanding belts, jointer blades, planer blades and shaper bits, as needed.
- Performs tasks, such as stocking material, cleaning racks, helping in other areas, etc.
- Cross-trained in other work areas of the millwork shops.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 or more years’ experience in milling building materials components.
- Operating machines and tools such as: saws, sanders, air tools, etc.
- Ability to read tape measure, architectural drawings and blueprints.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed within a production or yard environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, equipment noise and dust.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing, or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family PROMFG
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jessup MD Millwork - 8107 Stayton Drive (20794), 8107 Stayton Drive, Jessup, Maryland, United States of America