TW Perry Leesburg, VA Driver Helper
Assists Driver in delivering customer orders; assists in loading and off-loading product; or drives pilot vehicle for oversize loads.May deliver customer orders using a company van or pickup truck under 10,000 GVW.Work is performed under the direction of department supervisor or manager.Does NOT require a Commercial Motor Vehicle license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with loading and appropriately securing product onto or inside delivery vehicle using motorized or non-motorized material handling equipment.
- Drives pilot vehicle for oversize loads, ensuring compliance with appropriate safety regulations.
- Inspects and maintains delivery vehicles to ensure safety and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one (1) year experience performing these or similar tasks, or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.Valid driver’s license required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read and understand machine and equipment diagrams and system schematics
- Knowledgeable of escort service regulations
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
- Must be able to climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family OPS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Leesburg VA Yard - 41 Catoctin Circle SE (20175), 41 Catoctin Circle SE, Leesburg, Virginia, United States of America
- Leesburg, VA, USA