TW Perry Material Handler I
Under direct supervision handles and maintains the flow of materials and products on the premises according to established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Physically handles materials used to construct components and finished products to ensure movement of such items is optimized; lifts, carries, stacks items as needed.
- Operates motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment, some of which may require specialized training.
- Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior handlers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). This is an entry level position where incumbent will receive on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing materials handling tasks
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family PROMFG
- Pay Type Hourly
- Leesburg VA Yard - 41 Catoctin Circle SE (20175), 41 Catoctin Circle SE, Leesburg, Virginia, United States of America